Histories: Trempealeau County Historical Accounts:
"History of Trempealeau County Wisconsin, 1917":
-As transcribed from page 253
Ettrick is the terminus of the new Ettrick & Northern railroad, and evidences of the prosperity and growth which is to follow the opening of that line is already seen. Outside companies are purchasing building lots, and many new business houses are being projected. At the present time the village has a creamery, a flour mill, a woolen mill, and a new bank and hotel.
It is situated in the valley of the Beaver Creek in the midst of one of the finest farming regions in western Wisconsin.
Ettrick had its beginning in 1870, when Iver Pederson came over from Frenchville, and erected a store here. Later the dam was put in, the two mills built and the creamery started. Gradually a small village grew up at the point. June 20, 1877, the village was platted by Alfred P. Ford on land of James Corcoran, P. J. Huff, Iver Knudson, Hans Christianson and Iver Pederson.
The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.
DISCLAIMER: No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their own ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission. This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.
Copyright © 2000 - 2012
All Rights Reserved
This website was established on 31 Oct 2000