Histories: Trempealeau County Historical Accounts:
"History of Trempealeau County Wisconsin, 1917":
-As transcribed from page 253
Dodge Village is located at a point which has been a center of traffic since the earliest days. Just above the present village was the old Indian ford over the Trempealeau River. At the same ford, was the crossing of the old stage line from Fountain City to Arcadia and Trempealeau. The railroad came through in 1873, the village was platted Feb. 20, 1874, on land of August Bambenek, and business started that year. Nick Lehrback opened the first store. Fred Hoesley opened the first hotel and restaurant John Noteman, the first grain buyer, was also the first station agent. The first blacksmith was James Tandutschy. The village is not incorporated, but is a busy trading center, and is located in a region of fertile farms and rich farmers. It has a good bank and creamery and several good stores.
The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.
DISCLAIMER: No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their own ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission. This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.
Copyright © 2000 - 2012
All Rights Reserved
This website was established on 31 Oct 2000