Histories: Trempealeau County Historical Accounts:
"History of Trempealeau County Wisconsin, 1917":
-As transcribed from page 253
Pigeon Creek is the trading center of Pigeon Valley. It is the only village of any importance in the county, aside from Ettrick, not supplied with railroad service. The village was started in 1867 when Cyrus H. Hine purchased a tract of land from George Hale and erected a mill. Shortly afterward Johnson & Olson put up a store. Peter Ekern came here in 1875, purchased the mill and store, and established the varied activities of the place. The estate now owns a large store, the creamery and the mill. In addition to this there are a number of other stores. There are likewise two churches. Good roads extend in various directions, and the village is a most attractive little hamlet with many advantages.
The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.
DISCLAIMER: No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their own ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission. This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.
Copyright © 2000 - 2012
All Rights Reserved
This website was established on 31 Oct 2000