Histories: Trempealeau County Historical Accounts:
"History of Trempealeau County Wisconsin, 1917":
-As transcribed from page 254
Trempealeau is located in the southern part of the county, and spreads along the banks of the Mississippi under the shadows of the overhanging bluffs and back a mile across the prairie to the depot of the Northwestern Railroad, which with the Burlington supplies its railroad service.
The story of the village since its settlement in 1842 has already been told.
Trempealeau now has a village hall, electric light service, a village park, a bank, a newspaper, a public library, and several elevators.
The shipments are farm products, fish and lime.
The present organization of the village dates from March 10, 1900, when the old pioneer village government was reincorporated along modern lines.
The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.
DISCLAIMER: No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their own ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission. This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.
Copyright © 2000 - 2012
All Rights Reserved
This website was established on 31 Oct 2000