Histories: Trempealeau Co. Historical Accounts:
"History of Trempealeau County Wisconsin, 1917":
Chapter 23: More Historical Papers
Trempealeau Municipal Improvements
-As transcribed from page 896
Trempealeau Village was incorporated in the pioneer days. All records were lost in the fire of 1888.
The village was reincorporated March 10, 1900, and A. H. Hoberton elected president and F. L. Fields, W. Stauge and Thomas Bohen as trustees. W. A. Bright is the present president, and C. S. Ford, Ed. Davis, Alfred Kutchera and W. A. Graves as trustees.
The village owns the village hall, which is used for general village purposes, and the electric light plant. The hall was purchased from the W. C. T. U. and had previously been used as a reading room. The electric light service, which is secured by tapping the lines between the Hatfield Dam and Winona, was installed July 4, 1915. Before this the streets were lighted with kerosene lamps on corner posts.
The village part was platted for its present purpose when the surrounding lots were laid out. The band stand therein was erected about 1888 through the efforts of Dr. C. H. Cutter, and the members of the band here at that time.
- by A. A. Gibbs.
The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.
DISCLAIMER: No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their own ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission. This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.
Copyright © 2000 - 2012
All Rights Reserved
This website was established on 31 Oct 2000