Histories: Trempealeau Co. Historical Accounts:
"History of Trempealeau County Wisconsin, 1917":
-As transcribed from page 94
Pigeon Township lies largely in Pigeon Valley, branching from the Trempealeau Valley near Whitehall. It was first settled about 1860 or 1861 by Edwin Cummings, who located in section 19. Joshua D. Southworth was the second. In 1863 came Phineas Wright, who opened the mill at Coral City. At this point a flourishing village sprang up.
The vanguard of the sturdy Scandinavian element which now peoples the valley arrived in 1864 in the persons of Ole Anderson Aga and Hans Ole Nielson, who came with ox teams from Dane County.
The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.
DISCLAIMER: No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their own ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission. This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.
Copyright © 2000 - 2012
All Rights Reserved
This website was established on 31 Oct 2000