Histories: Trempealeau Co. Historical Accounts:
"Trempealeau County" by Clarence J. Gamroth:
Volume 1B Supplement:
Land Transfers from the Peters Mlynek Abstract
Regarding land near Independence, once owned by the Markham family
The following notes were taken from abstracts pertaining to parcels of land owned by Mrs. Peter Mlynek on Hwy 121, about 3/4 mile east of Independence.
(Comment from Clarence J. Gamroth - The Charles Lynn or Lyne who got the patent (deed) from the United States in 1857 was a tutor to George H. and Arthur A. Markham. He came with the Markhams from England in 1856. He lived with the Markhams until he moved to some western state. The Markhams owned a large tract of land which bordered on the Trempealeau River to the south.)
The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.
DISCLAIMER: No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their own ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission. This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.
Copyright © 2000 - 2012
All Rights Reserved
This website was established on 31 Oct 2000