Histories: Trempealeau Co. Historical Accounts:
"Trempealeau County" by Clarence J. Gamroth:
Communities: North Creek
North Creek, which lies northeast of Arcadia, was principally settled by Polish people. They came from that part of Poland which is known as Szlash (Silesia). Upon their arrival in Wisconsin, they immediately embraced the soil and began to cultivate. They started from scratch. We cite the story of Lawrence Misch. Upon his arrival with his wife in Trempealeau, his whole fortune was $50.00. He left his wife there and walked to North Creek. Here he was received by some friends who helped him to settle. In a short while his wife joined him. This was in 1873. They settled on a 160 acre farm in Korpal Valley. Of the 160 acres only 9 were cultivated.
The Catholic church at North Creek was built in 1876. It burned in 1919. Before the church was built, services were held in homes.
The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.
DISCLAIMER: No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their own ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission. This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.
Copyright © 2000 - 2012
All Rights Reserved
This website was established on 31 Oct 2000