Histories: Trempealeau Co. Historical Accounts:
"Trempealeau County" by Clarence J. Gamroth:
About 7 miles north of Whitehall there lies a valley that abound with rich farmland and wooded hillsides. It is called Pleasantville because conditions are so pleasant there.
George Hale was the first to settle thre and the township is named after him.
A school was built. The second was built in 1874 and later a third school was erected.
Some of the settlers attended church (Lutheran) in Elk Creek. In 1911, the Pleasantville Lutheran Church was organized with 84 members.
In 1909 the Pleasant Valley Telephone Co. was organized.
The WIGenWeb Project logo was designed and provided by Debbie Barrett.
DISCLAIMER: No claim is made to the copyrights of the individual submitters. The contents of this website may be used for personal use only by individuals researching their own ancestry. Commercial use of this information for profit is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the owners. Other genealogical websites may link to this website; however, permission is not granted to duplicate any of the contents. Anyone contributing material for posting does so in recognition of its free, non-commercial distribution, as well as the responsibility to assure that no copyright is violated by the submission. This website and its coordinator are not responsible for donations of copyrighted material where explicit written permission has not been granted for use.
Copyright © 2000 - 2012
All Rights Reserved
This website was established on 31 Oct 2000